Saturday, September 08, 2007

Quilt update

The quilt continues to come along slowly but surely. 21 of the little pieced blocks are completed, only 10 more to go! I've found that with little home time, I can grab all the pieces and pin like mad while we travel, then get home and just 'sew, sew, sew!'


I've had a little helper sometimes; she plays so happily with her scrap of material, in fascination watching the needle go up and down (and knowing that the machine is a "no-no!") I'm trying to start her young...

And this has nothing to do with my quilt...but while we were at Old Threshers I was able to see their little quilt shop. Not only did they have treadle machine, but they also had an old hand crank sewing machine!

I didn't even know they made hand crank sewing machines. What fun it was to step back in time and give it a whirl -- though I am very, very thankful I am not sewing my whole quilt on it! [grin]





And just for laughs...they had this sign posted on one of the walls. I don't think I've caught this paticular disease yet, but there is always hope, right?!





8 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

AWWW!
I just LOVE this post!!!
Keep at it, Bethany! :) I just can't wait to see the finished project! :)
And I just LOVE that top pic! SO SWEET!

Goldfish said...

LOL! I love the sign for the disease. Wish I could get that certain malady! And, I agree that the top picture is absolutely adorable!!! Thank you for posting a picture of Charissa. ;)

Dustynne said...

Yes, thank you for a Charissa picture!

Looking good!

Rachel Marie said...

PS! I LOVE THE QUILT POSTER!:D

(sorry, I forgot to mention it earlier, and I had to... :) )

BrittLeigh said...

TOTALLY adore this post!!!! :) How sweet. I love the pictures. I can not wait to see the finished result. I'm sure it must be gorgeous. Keep up the good work! ;)

Love and miss you LOTS!

Gem said...

How cute Charissa looks there! I love that picture...
And very funny the Quilt Pox!!
Loved this post!

A HEART OF PRAISE said...

I agree, the top picture is so cute! :)
I've heard of treadle sewing machine before but I don't recall ever seeing a hand crank one! How interesting. :)

Amanda said...

My mother used to have one of those Singer sewing machines, it was the first one I learnt how to sew on. It always amused my sewing teacher at school because I couldn't fathom how to use electric ones for some time.