Thursday, August 23, 2007

Update:

For me, random posts seem to be the theme of this month.

This time my absence is due to our family helping at a family camp the past few days. The theme and emphasis for the families that came was "Equipping the family for ministry." God has called everyone to be His servant, and whether it seems large or small our desire is that we all will be faithful in that which He has called.

For one of the mother/daughter sessions I shared for twenty minutes on photography: a few simple tips to taking better pictures, as well as sharing how the Lord has opened doors for me to use it as a way to minister and bless others.

Remember: One doesn't set out to do great things.
You respond in obedience as God opens doors.
-Brother Andrew


But camp is over and I have arrived at one of the best places to be and I was greeted with hugs from some of the greatest people in the world. (I love you, Grandpa and Grandma!)

Now my fingers are pink from picking the biggest and best-est raspberries, my toes are muddy from going barefoot in the garden, and I will see my big brother in less than a week!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

That quote is so, so good! If often easy to look at the gifts and callings God has given another person, and compare them with our own, or try to imitate them. In reality though, only obedience to a God-given calling is what will be effective.

Glad to hear you're still alive and well! Those raspberries look sooooo tasty!

God bless you, Bethany!

Esther said...

Sounds like you have had/ are going to have great fun! Visiting family... picking (and eating raspberries- YUM!) and whatever else you've been up to. I love the quote!

PS. #13 will be here any day! Mom was due one week ago. We are all so excited finishing the last minute preparations and wondering when it will get here! Judging by your pictures, #13 is loads of fun! (like every other one)
Better not use up all your space. ;)
**HUGS**

Rachel Marie said...

That quote by Brother Andrew is one of my favorites... Thanks for the reminder! I needed it! :)

Oooh! I LOVE raspberries! :D Wish I had the same hand-stained problems as you... ;) :D

Keep your face to the Son! :)

KarenW said...

Oooh, so fun! going bare feet, and eating raspberries are a great combination!
Could you send me some tips on Photography? It has been something I have been interested in for a while already and just recently God has provided an nice camera for me to use.
May God continue to bless you as you serve HIM!

abi said...

Hey there, Bethany! As soon as I saw those raspberries, I thought that's got to be at your grandparents. :) I'm sure you are having a wonderful time!

I apprecitated the post--especially the quote--thank you! Lots of lovin' and HUGS to you! I miss you!!!

BrittLeigh said...

Aw, randomness is always the best :). I loved this post. I'm so happy you get to be with your grandparents... you get to see your big brother... ah... :) It's kind of cool that this weekend held the same pleasures for me as well ;). Big brothers and grandparents... can't beat that, can you?? :D

Love you and miss you!!!