Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thank you!

At times like these I seem to have the hardest time using words to tell how I feel, but at the same time I think I am going to try...

A big thank you to all of you who in some way participated to make my birthday special. Whether it was a cheery blog comment, a card in the mail, making my all time favorite meals, a phone call, an e-card, spending the day with me -- I had a very blessed 21st birthday, and can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for me this next year!

Sometimes people are heard to say "Oh the Lord just gets better and better as the days go by!" But no, the Lord never changes! HE IS ALWAYS GOOD. It's just that we as people get to know Him better and better! I know I still have a lot to learn yet, but one thing I do know: God is good. All the time. Yes, there are sure to be trials, sorrows and tests down my path of life , but knowing this, I am still truly excited about living my life for my King. Oh how I love Him!

But back to yesterday...



My cousin Nicole was able to come, and she brought her amazing bead collection -- letting us create all sorts of fun bracelets and girly stuff!

Thank you, Nicole! I love you and am so thankful we're cousins!
(Even when we didn't want to be!)




Gotta' love the feminine touch!







And of course....chocolate! For those wondering what the big thing with chocolate is....I am definitely the chocolate lover of the family. Knowing me, that is something that seems to surface very fast!

One more random fact: the family joke is that my eyes are so dark because of the chocolate I eat, and that I need to keep eating chocolate to maintain the color.




Savoring the moments, treasuring the memories...

Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.
Jim Elliot

Me and one of my best-est friends!

"O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together!
O taste and see that the Lord is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in Him
."
Psalms 34:3, 8

14 comments:

Goldfish said...

I know that I am VERY late, but happy birthday, Bethany! It was so much fun to talk to you at camp and thanks for sharing your pictures with me! Oh, and congrats on getting all that chocolate! I noticed there was a Twix in there! :) I hope your eyes stay brown, but you better get some practice just in case!! :D

Anonymous said...

Bummer--wish I'd known! :) It looks like you had a wonderful day! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Morgan

~Dustynne Noelle said...

Looks like you had a wonderful first day of your 21st year! :-)

Happymama said...

Bethany, I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. God is good!

~Kristi

BrittLeigh said...

Well, for those of us who got to be there with you, let's just say your birthday was special to them too ;) ;) ;). But then again, times with you are always special ;).

I'm so glad you had a happy, chocolate-filled birthday. I love you so much, Sweet Bethany!

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

I am glad you had a happy birthday!

Jacob said...

Hi, Bethany.

Glad you had such a good birthday. You're comment that "God is good all the time" reminded me of a verse that Martin and Gracia Burnham treasured during their captivity. Psalm 100:5 say, "For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

--Jacob

Gem said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice 21st birthday! I really hope and pray that our Lord will bless you for the following year, and the ones to come!!

Andrea said...

I'm so glad to hear your birthday was a special one! The Lord's richest blessings to you in the year to come!

Doogie J. said...

Happy Birthday (again)! It is so cool to see your sister is also one of your best-est friends! May God continue to bless you!

Nicole Marie said...

Hey -
Thanks for posting one of my very favoritest Jim Elliot quotes!
Love the chocolate!!!
Nic

AJ said...

Happy belated birthday

Anonymous said...

You're a more than welcome! I love you, sis!

Rachel Marie said...

Mmm! Chocolate makes me smile, too! :D I love your "family joke"... maybe that would work with me, too...?! :D ;)


So glad you had a "happy" 21st! God's richest blessings to you now and forever!!!