Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's true


People have often told me that changes happen 'sooner that you think.' And though I've always known there was some truth in that, at the same time it is hard to fathom change until it happens!

But it happened this morning -- my only older brother left and is headed towards Wyoming. As excited as I am for the paths the Lord has directed him in, at the same time I am already missing him soooo bad!







So many memories! From getting stuck in the mud together at a wee age to seeing you go off on your own now, I've always looked up to you Josiah, and can't wait to see the plans God has for your future!





While you are gone, know that I am "always laboring for you in prayers, that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God." Colossians 4:12

Last night you were just down the hall and I could give it in person, but now I must send my hugs and prayers across the many, many miles to you. I love you, big brother!

9 comments:

Doogie J. said...

Great pictures. They capture a brother's love. You always knew the day would come for someone to be the first. Josiah has a lot of courage to take the step. God will certainly bless him, as the steps of a righteous man are ordered of the Lord.

Bob said...

Good pictures. I know that your family is going to miss your brother greatly. It is certainly hard to say Goodbye but God will bless him and I will continue to pray that God will be with you and your family in the days ahead.

Bob Payne

BrittLeigh said...

Aw Bethany, that was so beautiful... so special. How I can identify with the words you said, and the emotion you feel.

My thoughts and prayers and LOVE are with you. (((((BIG HUG)))))

Christina said...

AH, it seems as if we are all growing up. Sometimes change is more painful then others times. I am glad you have so many wonderful memories. What an incredible tribute to your brother.

Nicki Baker said...

is he in the Army or something?

Tabby said...

Your whole family is in my prayers, it's scary how fast things change, and I'm guessing I'll be the first to venture out on my own, it's so easy to get comfortable and not want anything to change but we have to take a step in faith before we can really walk with God and discover his will for our individual lives. Keep smiling :)

Gem said...

That was a beautiful post, Bethany! Big brothers are about one of the wonderfulest things in this world...

abi said...

Once again, Bethany you did a precious post! Made me think about the up, and coming changes at our house when my big brother heads off to school this fall. Not as much distance between...but still gone.

I echo your comment about looking up to older brothers. I love mine so, and I'm extremely thankful God gave him to me! Yet, at the same time I'm thrilled to see were God will take him as he obeys His leading!

Thank you for sharing!

Love, and prayers to you!!

Anna Naomi said...

Thank God for big brothers! I really missed Elijah when he went to college last fall - I'm glad to have him here for the summer.