Tuesday, July 17, 2007

By popular demand

My blog was hacked...now I have no more secrets. (Okay, so maybe still a few!)

Rachel -- I do want to say a big thank you to you! Countless times you have spurred me on when I was discouraged, brainstorming with me when needing new ideas, and even putting me back together when I began falling apart from nervousness or stress. Specifically in the area of photography, so many of the favorite poses have been your ideas, and your ready smile and willingness to help have so blessed me! So a big thank you to you!!! I know I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for your love and help.

So many of you asked to see pictures of the winning photographs. And guess what?! You've already seen them! (Do you think I have enough pictures to take and keep a good one all to myself while keeping up this blog at the same time?!) I could make you search the archives for them, but to be nice I'll post the links for you...

The first assignment was an animal, and I sent in ::THE BABY DINOSAUR::

Secondly, they asked for a picture that would be of human interest; something that would be in a newspaper. The biggest human interest happenings I've photographed lately would have to be the testimony of our family's ::BUS CRASH::

And thirdly, just for fun, I also sent in a picture from when we were painting with light a while back; I chose the picture of ::ME, MYSELF, and I::


I was so surprised when I opened the envelope and saw the award -- and that is an understatement! I want to say thank you to all of you who have encouraged me along the way as I continue to learn, and may all glory be lifted unto the One who redeemed me, made me His own, and calls me according to His purpose.

"I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD;
I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only.
O God, You have taught me from my youth;
To this day I declare Your wondrous works."
Psalms 71:16-17

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again. I am glad Rachel "put you in the spotlight" so we could all recognize your achievements.

I think God has given us some very special gifts, besides the obvious ones of himself and Jesus. And sometimes we don't realize until someone points them out how special these make our own lives, as well as being able to share something of ourselves with others.

Among these I think I would include the ability to read and write - to be able to record and share our thoughts and ideas. (Or Quotes - other's ideas we find touch us for some reason)

Another would obviously be music - it can touch us on so many levels.

A third would be creativity - in a lot of different forms. It allows us to, in some small way, add to or maybe point out some of God's special creations. And allows us to express feelings and emotions that might be impossible to share otherwise.

There are more, but, hey, this is a good start. And you're three for three so far.

Prayers
Richard

Goldfish said...

Thanks for showing us the pictures all together! Once again, congrats!!

And speaking of demand, I demand to see another picture of Charissa!!! ;D

Gem said...

Oh, yes!! I would like a picture of Charissa too!
I was really glad to see you'd won the award... I really was! I have been praying for you, and I was so blessed to know you had won!!

BrittLeigh said...

I love all the pictures :)... It comes as no surprise to me that you received an award for your photography. You truly do an outstanding job, and I don't say that just 'cuz I'm biased! Your photography is truly amazing.

I love you, Sweet Bethany!!!

Anonymous said...

About the 11:29AM post above. It was meant to be a compliment. But when I read it again later, I realized it is not at all well written. You can keep the compliment but delete the comment if you wish (and this one also).

If I can't write better than that it is probably time to give it up.

But always wishing you and your family the best.

Your ever anomymous OTF :)

Richard

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bethany! I had never before seen the painting with light pictures. They are absolutely incredible. You definitely have talent so keep working hard and we're always ready to see your work. Congratulations again and God bless you!

Doogie J. said...

I love the painting with light. I had missed the first post. I always loved the Baby Dinosaur picture. And the bus... Well that is a great picture that captures the essence of the miracle. Thanks so much for sharing with us.