Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July --

Seward style!


The day started at 7:00am with a fun run for the athletic type:

All four of my brothers and Elizabeth entered the race --
what fun it was cheering them on!
Andrew finishing the 10K with Caleb -- who after running it himself went back to spur Andrew on, part of that being this shirt he made to surprise Andrew!!

Way to go, guys!

A whole group from our church participated -- some ran the 10K, but most stuck with the 2-mile.

Water fights -- the fireman way!

Just look at 'em blow!



.::SINGING::.

"Thou are my hope, O Lord God:
Thou are my trust."
Psalms 71:5





.::FRIENDS & FASHION::.







Don't you think we have good taste?!
(Hope you don't mind Britt! I couldn't resist!)
For all of you who want to see the sensible picture, check out her post here!


.:: FIREWORKS ::.

-- the hillside was full of families in anticipation for the fireworks! --

It was such a fun display -- one of the best parts being that we were able to sit down and watch them, visiting and catching up with what everyone had seen and done that day. And to realize -- it is already over until next year!





"I will love thee, O Lord, my strength." Psalms 18:1

Thank You, Lord, for the blessings of a country with a Christian heritage and for those who have sacrificed for the freedoms we enjoy today. Thank you for Your Word, for family and friends, and for a time to enjoy it all!

A be-lated happy 4th of July to you all!

13 comments:

Goldfish said...

You can't imagine my joy when I saw you had a post!!!! YIPEEE!!!!! And I didn't even have to send you a bag of Twix! WOW!!! The 4th of July really is a BIG thing in Seward! :D That's great about the shirt! :) And the waterfight -- woah! I hope that's not how the waterballoon fight went! I absolutely loved the friends and fashion section --so cute, hilarious!!!!

I love your 2nd firework picture sooo much!!! How do you prepare for those kind of pictures?

gandelr said...

great pic

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! Love the pictures!!!

Morgan

Bethany said...

Awww Megan...you could still send the Twix...I really wouldn't mind! :D

For firework pics, check out the link: http://www.nyip.com/ezine/holidays/firewksintro.html That is the only info I've read on capturing fireworks. Hope it is helpful for you!

BrittLeigh said...

Wow, you got some awesome shots of the fireworks!!!

Nah, of course I don't mind the picture :) In fact, I was hoping I'd get to see it since I didn't even think to hand my camera to
Rachel or Ruth to get one on mine :).

Thanks so much for posting all the pictures. I just LOVED the day yesterday!!! (((HUGS)))

Kris said...

They are all great! sounds like a busy day...you weren't kidding when you said the 4th is a big day there, that is really cool... I love the firework pictures, they turned out really great!

P.s. I love the shades!! they are very stylish, you might have started a new trend there! :)

Gem said...

Wowm it looks like you had so much fun! I love the fireworks pictures! I wish I could have been there with you.

Jacob said...

Once again, some great photos. It was nice to see some familiar faces. I hate sounding so unorigional, but I, too, admired your far-superior fireworks shots.

Keep blogging! Peace. --Jacob

Suzanne said...

It looks like a lot of fun. You have some really great pictures!

KarenW said...

Praise the Lord you all had a wonderful 4th!
God bless America (and Canada too!) ;)

two sis's said...

Bethany,

You captured some great moments! We especially like the 1st one under 'friends and fashion'!:) Thank you for all that you contributed to make it a special day!

Much love and hugs!

Tabby said...

Andrew, you look a little tired! :) wow 10k! congrats to all of you for even finishing! :) I was in track this year and I made Isaiah 40:31 my theme verse

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Cecilia Rose said...

Just wanted to say that I found your blog I think thru your family's blog. I really enjoy reading both! I also wanted to say that I love the picture of everyone after the race and that the girls are wearing skirts...it makes me confused when people complain about not being able to do very much in a skirt, but that picture proves that one can move about easily if it's the right kind (i.e. modest)! I've always loved wearing skirts!
P.S. Yay for homeschooling! :)