Sunday, May 13, 2007

A tribute to my mother

A builder builded a temple;
He wrought with care and skill.
Pillars, and groins and arches,
Were fashioned to meet his will.
And men said when they saw its beauty;
"It shall never know decay,
Great is thy skill, O builder,
thy fame shall endure for aye."

A mother builded a temple;
She wrought with skill and care,
Forming each pillar with patience,
Laying each stone with prayer.
None saw the unceasing effort;
None knew of the marvelous plan;
For the temple the mother builded
Was unseen by the eyes of man.


Gone is the builders temple;
Crumbled in the dust,
Pillar and groin and arches,
Food for consuming rust.
But the temple the mother builded
Shall endure while the ages roll.
For that beautiful, unseen temple
Was a child's immortal soul.
-author unknown

Thank you for all your prayers and patience, Mommy, and for leaving me a beautiful example to follow. Only eternity will tell the complete story of the influence you have had in so many lives, including mine. I love you!

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Bob said...

That is a neat poem. And it is neat that we are able to give tribute to our mothers today. Thanks for the post Bob Payne

BrittLeigh said...

And *I* love your mom so much. How grateful I am that God has allowed her to touch my own life. She is a precious and dear motherly character in my life, and an example of a true, godly woman. I doubt she has any idea how much I look up to her! Happy Belated Mother's Day, Mrs. Wissmann! (((HUGS)))