Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Seconds of Branson

Rachel already posted the best pictures from our family's weekend in Branson, Missouri, (doesn't she do a wonderful job of updating our family blog?! Go Rachel!!!)

Instead of posting those pictures all over again, I thought I'd give you a few other candids...

Does this picture need a title?! [grin]

-- the "Powder Keg" rollercoaster --
(...and you should see the wild ones!)
-- a self portrait with Andrew --

our all time favorite group to see while we were there!



Some of the all-time best food there was their stuffed pretzel. Hm-mm-m. Just seeing the picture makes me hungry for one! These soft pretzels were filled inside with cream cheese...you won't find anything like them anywhere! (Or if you do, be sure to let me know!!!)



-- one of the waterfalls in Marvel Cave --
So incredibly amazing!

Betch'a didn't know that! [grin]

-- You mean one gets wet on water rides? --
(And does that sign say you 'may?' or 'WILL?')

"Let my mouth be filled with Your praise
and with Your glory all the day."

Psalms 71:8

13 comments:

Gem said...

Wow, you did have a nice time! Over here we also have a "thing" like the "Powder Keg" rollercoaster, called Dragonkan... It's very, very "wild"... ;) Never been to it, but my sister has, and she says it's something to see! (because when on the seats there is an incredible view!!)

Happymama said...

Those were good. Did you happen to make it to Lambert's Restaurant while you were in Missouri? The home of the thrown rolls. It's so much fun.

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

Show us more!! (Man, we miss you guys!)
Doris

Kori said...

This place looks like so much fun!!! Rachel and Josiah look really wet! Remember how wet we all got on Atlantis at Seaworld!? haha Thanks for sharing the extra pictures, Bethany!

Andrea said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun, Bethany! Family outings are such a blast!

~AliisaJoy~ said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! Lovin' all the pictures!!

Kaylene said...

we were recently in Branson too! We went to the Roy Roger's and Dale Evan's museum. Since we weren't there very long thats pretty much all we did. We heard a lot about Silver Dollar City. Fun pictures!

Melanie said...

The Kruger brothers are great! We played with them at a festival in Minnesota a few years back and were blown away! What did Andrew think of the banjo player? I bet he will sound like that in no time.

Thanks for the fun pictures Bethany! I love visiting!

Victoria said...

As usual, awesome pictures! Do you just post the good ones are or your pictures always great? :D

Ben said...

I agree with Victoria! Excited to see y'all Sunday- hopefully Rachel and Josiah are dry by then!

Bethany said...

Whew! This post seemed to round up the questions! So I'll try to answer them all in one long comment... [grin]

:: No, Kristi, we didn't make it to Lambert's. I've heard about it -- it sounds like a wonderful place to go! Maybe someday....

:: Hey Kori! Yea -- I remember very well getting went on the Antlantis! Oh the memories! For some reason whenever we go to theme parks, we think of you all! Wish you were here!

:: Andrew was on cloud nine being able to hear the Kruger brothers live, Melanie! I'm not sure which I enjoyed the most -- watching the Kruger brothers, or Andrew's face! He was ecstatic! He already has Jens' banjo lessons DVD, and was thrilled when he was able to visit with Jens for a little bit after one of the shows.

:: And Victoria -- I usually post my best pictures. :D As I learn more and more about photography, my ratio of good photos go up and the number of bad photos goes down. But....I still do have some photos that don't turn out.


Thanks for all the cheery comments everybody! It is always a delight to hear from you! If it weren't for you all, blogging wouldn't be near as much fun. :D

KarenW said...

Family times are a blast. I have so many memories of family trips and outings! Have fun!
Karen

BrittLeigh said...

Oh my, those were all soooo very, very good! Thanks so much for sharing the smiles :D Miss you!