Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Indwelt

Not merely in the words you say,
Not only in your deeds confessed,
But in the most unconcious way
Is Christ expressed!

Is it a beatific smile?
A holy light upon your brow?
Oh, no! I felt His Presence while
You laughed just now.

For me 'twas not the truth you taught.
To you so clear, to me still dim,
But when you came to me you brought
A sense of Him.

And from your eyes He beckons me
And from your heart His love is shed,
Till I lose sight of you -- and see
The Christ instead.
-Anonymous
You have made known to me the ways of life;
You will make me full of joy
[...where? how?]
IN YOUR PRESCENCE
[being ONE with the Father].
Acts 2:28

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Bethany,
I love your pictures! I am new at being a "Blogger" I would love for you to stop by at my site!

Ginger

Andrea said...

Amen! I've just recently been introduced to that poem by a very dear friend of mine, and I don't think I can read it enough!! Thanks for posting!

abi said...

WOW! What a poem...very convicting and challenging!! Thank you for taking time to post it, the gorgeous picture, and verse!

You're a blessing, Bethany!

Lots of HUGS to you!