Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hugs from God

One of my favorite things about spring is the blooming of the lilac bushes. Nostalgic reasons, really. On the farm place we lived at years and years ago, there was the biggest, best-est lilac bush ever. You know, the old-fashioned kind.

What a special treat it was to find one of these special bushes blooming just down the street from where our bus is parked this weekend. Hm-m-mm....as I close my eyes and smell them, I can imagine I'm back on the farm, a little girl in pig tails. The joys and simple pleasures in life! Live for eternity, but savor today!


Oh the goodness of my God! So often He does such special little (and big!) things, that make me feel like He reached right down from heaven to give me a hug. Have you had a hug from God recently?

"We have thought, O God,
on Your lovingkindness."
Psalms 48:9

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet post Bethany, Alaythia is getting to be such a big girl!!
We are all looking forward to seeing ya’ll the end of this month,
Love Ya,
Esther

Kaylene said...

Beautiful thoughts Bethany-and sweet pic! I love lilacs too. Of course when it comes to flowers I'm not too picky. (:
Happiness to you and your family!

dustynne said...

YOU?! a LITTLE GIRL in PIGTAILS!??!!

;)

;)

;)

Goldfish said...

We have lilacs on our farm and I love it! Its nice that the boys usually pick some for mom--the house smells so nice! :D YOu should come and see them for yourself! :) See you in the middle of next month! YIPPEE!! I'm so excited--can barely wait!!! :D =) My hug from God is reading your and your family's blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,
I LOVE lilacs too for the same reason!! The house where we lived when I was 4 also had a big lilac tree, and whenever I smell lilacs I feel soooo good inside!! (Cheerful, giddy, nostalgic, content, Ahhh....) God sure created some wonderful things for our enjoyment, didn't He? Thanks for that sweet reminder...and I think I'll just meander outside
to our neighbour's lilac bushes and inhale deeply! :)
Love,
Doris

~Bryant said...

I love the sweet smell of lilacs! I have not seen (or smelled) a lilac bush this spring. :-(

Your family is going to be at Noah Ulmer's graduation, right? We are going to that, too, so hope to see you there!

Dustynne said...

Oh dear...I wish we could meet you, Bethany!

Gem said...

I like lilacs a lot too! The most wonderful hug from God this year was last Friday... A HUUUUUUUUUUGE hug. Okay, I'll tell you... :-) My birthday!!

Suzanne said...

Our lilacs aren't blooming yet. I am looking forward to and dreading when they are. They are so beautiful, but they bother my allergies.