Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Oatmeal Cookies

Tonight at the request of a brother, I mixed up a batch of these cookies. I hadn't made this recipe for a long time, and I'd forgotten how much I liked it! This is a dessert recipe that I really like using wheat flour...
Hm-mm-m!

3/4 C margarine
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
[for our family, instead of 1 & 1/2 cups of sugar, I'll cut it down to only 1/2 cup, and then add one or two tablespoons of molasses. Or substitute honey to taste! A much healthier alternative, and still plenty sweet!]
1 egg
1/4 C water
3 C quick oats
1 tsp vanilla
1 & 1/2 C wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 package chocolate chips (or m&m's; raisins; craisins; coconut; peanuts; ect...)

Beat margarine, sugars, eggs, water and vanilla until creamy. Add remaining ingredients, mix very well. (Add additional flour if needed so the dough is very stiff.) Stir in your choice of goodies, and form into large mounds.

Bake at 350 for 9 - 12 minutes. (Do not over bake! These cookies will bake a little bit after removing them from the oven, and over baking them makes them very dry...)

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooookie
da fred

Kris said...

They look mighty good! Maybe I will try to make those, I like baking and my Dad loves cookies! I think I could guess which brother requested those! :)

BrittLeigh said...

Ah, looks like a very good recipe. I copied it out and will make them soon hopefully :) Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! Can't wait to give it a try.

(((HUGS)))

Happymama said...

Looks yummy. Thanks for sharing.

~Kristi

Rachel Marie said...

Mmmm! Those DO look good! ;-)
Thanks for the idea!

Kori said...

YUMMMM!! Those look delicious!!! I'll have to try to make them sometime!! :)

jessica said...

Hey, Bethany!I absalutly LOVE your oatmeal cookies!They were so easy and turned out right the FIRST time;) Do you have any more cookie recipes? Jessica mayo