Monday, April 02, 2007

My weekend

My brothers and sisters and I were incredibly blessed to be a part of the NCHEA children's conferance this weekend. (Check out the family blog to see more pictures and details!) Late nights, early mornings, 220 excited children, songs, teaching, drama, taking pictures and oodles of other details could sum up the last few days.

The theme was "The Quest -- a young man's journey for the glory of the King." It was such a practical theme to work with, and the drama brought so many key points home that I know impacted me, and I pray the children as well.
A very exhausting few days, but so worth it. I sometimes feel that I go away learning way more than the children did!

I was blessed to be a team leader again this year. What a wonderful group of children we had!

Sixty staff came in to help with the weekend. What a blessing it is to work with the body of Christ for one common goal!

"Fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart;
for consider what great things He has done for you."

1 Samuel 12:24

(Check out more pictures here on Flickr!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning

Glad to see things are working out with your ministry and the new bus. Looks great.

You are right about something. Whenever you teach anything that you feel is important, you almost always get more back than you think you gave. It's a wonderful feeling to know that you helped someone else. It gives your life and theirs an extra special meaning.

Prayers,
Richard

BrittLeigh said...

Aw, such good pictures! Looks like so much fun. It's amazing how much children can teach us without even trying, isn't it?!

(((HUGS)))

Jacob said...

Looks like a blast!

I'm glad you had such a great time. You were being upheld in prayer, and I trust that the seminar's effects will continue to be profitable for eternity.

BTW, are you really the same height as Isaac, or is that a photographic illusion? :-)

Peace! --Jacob

Kori said...

It looks like ya'll had a lot of fun this weekend. Thanks for sharing the pictures, Bethany!!!

Happymama said...

Looks like fun and what a blessing!

~Kristi