Wednesday, April 11, 2007

He is worthy


"I will bless the Lord at all times:
His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
Psalms 34:1

:: Praise is an expression of faith and an act of the will. It is not based on how we feel.

"Every day I will bless Thee;
and I will praise Thy name for ever and ever."
Psalms 145:2

:: Praise is not a response to our circumstances, which constantly fluctuate. Praise is a response to the goodness and love of God who never changes.

"By [Jesus] therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually,
that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name."
Hebrews 13:15

:: Praise demonstrates faith that God is bigger and greater than any circumstance we may be facing.

"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed:
I will sing and give praise."
Psalm 57:7

:: Praise is a ministry to God. Praise is first and foremost for God, not for us. The purpose of praise is to bring Him blessing and pleasure, not to make us feel good.



"Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise His holy Name."
Psalm 103:1




Excerpts from: A Place of Quiet Rest
by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

6 comments:

Jacob said...

Excellent instruction. I could use more praise in my own life. The purpose of praise might not be to minister to us, but it is definitely very encouraging!

Hallelujah. --Jacob

Nicole said...

Hey 'tousin!
Those "stained glass windows" look familiar! :o)

And thanks for the post! I can't tell you how many times I'll come to your blog and your latest encouragement seems like it was written just for me! That's happened so often, that now whenever I'm struggling with something, I'll come check out your blog to see what encouragement you just posted for me!!! :o)

Thanks bunches!
Love ya, 'tousin!

Caleb said...

Good words! We need to make sure our focus is on Him not on ourselves and our problems.

BrittLeigh said...

Oh my, that just put a LOT of things that I've been realizing and learning into words! Thank you so much for posting that. What an encouragement it is to me, and I thank God that He is so much bigger than our circumstances! What a blessing this was to read!

(((HUGS)))

Naomi said...

Thanks Bethany!
I think praising God really puts things into the right perspective. He is so big and great, our "big" problems are really trimpy, not a big deal to Him!

Anonymous said...

What a privilege we have to bless God by truly praising Him from our hearts! JConner Ps.69:30-32