Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Time...and a few laughs

Time. An amazing thing that we can't stop nor push, yet it is what life is made of.

I came across a few sayings that I found thought provoking, as well as a few funny ones, too -- that I would NOT recommend you live by! [grin]

Just remember -- a cheerful heart does good like a medicine! Have you had your dose today?!




:: Always take time to stop and smell the roses...and sooner or later, you'll inhale a bee.

:: Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.

:: The bad news is; time flies. The good news is; you're the pilot.

:: Live now...procrastinate tomorrow!

:: Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. (Charles Richards)

:: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

:: If you are to do what you want with your time, you must learn not to do what you don't want.

:: Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.

:: I always wanted to be a procrastinator, but never got around to it.

:: If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done!

14 comments:

Bob said...

Some of those sayings could be so true but you are right you would not want to live by them. Thanks for sharing them Bethany. God bless you and your family may God continue to use you and your family in a mighty way. Thank you for the things you post on your blog. Bob Payne

Kris said...

Those are very cute, I like the third one the best! But they are all funny. I hope that the camp plans are going well. Keep up the good posts :) God Bless!

Ryebread said...

cute! I love it... I always wanted to be a procrastinator, but never got around to it! :-)

Thanks for the laughs!

Anonymous said...

Great List. You have a neat sense of humor. But I think you put that "lousy beautician" thing in just for us "old geezers". But if you're going to use it, you have to find a "Guy" term that fits better :)

Good morning and I hope you have a very special day. Prayers always.

Richard

Rachel Marie said...

Haha! Great one-liners! :-D I'm still laughing! :-D
A few of my favorites are:

:: Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.

:: Always take time to stop and smell the roses...and sooner or later, you'll inhale a bee.

:: Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.


Hahaha...!

Thanks for posting!

BrittLeigh said...

They were all GREAT... This one was my favorite: The bad news is; time flies. The good news is; you're the pilot. We can't control the time, but we can control what we do with it!

Love you!

Goldfish said...

I love the second to the bottom one: "I always wanted to be a procrastinator, but never got around to it." :D

"Be of good cheer." John 16:33
;)

Mandy Grace said...

Haha. That last one is funny. I very much dislike doing things at the last minute.

I may say a little bit more about my book in a future post. Thanks for asking! I just never know who all is reading, so I don’t want to give too much away. :-)

Christina said...

Bethany,

I was wondering if yoiu would share wtih us what your favorite book on photography is and why.

Christina

chelsy said...

Wow...I needed a good laugh & I got it!!
I loved the ones about procrastination especially....I just happen to be a really bad "procrastinator".....so I could identify...haha!!
great post!!
chels

Dustynne said...

Hey Bethany,
I love this post!!! :)
My favorites are

:: Always take time to stop and smell the roses...and sooner or later, you'll inhale a bee.

and

:: I always wanted to be a procrastinator, but I never got around to it!

Great! :)

BTW, I just had to add...I'm listening to "Commit and Trust" as I write this :)
It is soooo cute!! :D

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

I enjoyed reading these! Thanks for posting. My favorite is about getting around to procrastinating.

Happymama said...

LOL - Cute!

~Kristi

Dan Beasley said...

Wow...LOL, those are pretty good! But they're also a great reminder to live every minute for God. Thank you for the encouragement!...and the laughs too!

: Dan