Monday, March 19, 2007

A Longing

May God humble and stir in us an unquenchable longing, that God may be all in all.

That is my first lesson. Give God His place, but take time and trouble to do it. Take heed and be quiet... wait and give God time to reveal Himself.


Secondly, where do I find God's will?
I find God's will in His Word.

I have sometimes heard it said, "I want to believe every promise between these two covers," but I have not often heard it said, "I accept every commandment within these two covers." ...Write in the front page of your Bible, "Every promise of God in this book I desire to believe; every command in this book I desire to accept." That is one way to let God be all in all.

-Andrew Murray

6 comments:

Jacob said...

I really like that. That's a very poignant thought on the promises & commandments.

--Jacob

Emily H. said...

Amen! That was a real encouragement today, Bethany, as God was just last night and today reminding me about loving Him and Him alone! He is worthy to be our all in all! Looking forward to at least catching a glimpse of you at the NCHEA!
Emily

selahV said...

Wise wise words, Bethany. May we all find ourselves accepting and believing. selahV

Happymama said...

Amen, Bethany. I like that.

~Kristi

Cally Jane said...

Bethany,

You don't know me, but I wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog for several months now. I read your family's blog as well and noticed that there are many children and lots of music! As it turns out, my family is very similar. We have ten children and we also do lots of music.

Hey, do you know when your family might be coming to Illinois? I'd love to hear you all sing.

I absolutely love the pictures and reading snippets that you post. Keep it up!

Jane Cole

Andrea said...

That is so good, Bethany. I really like Andrew Murray and try to keep myself in his books often! What particular book is that from?

Another awesome quote to add to my collection! Such a challenge!