Friday, March 09, 2007

In season

The branch of the vine does not worry, and toil, and rush here to seek for sunshine, and there to find rain. No; it rests in union and communion with the vine; and at the right time, and in the right way, the right fruit is found on it. Let us so abide in the Lord Jesus.
-Hudson Taylor

"...render to Him the fruits in their seasons."
-Matthew 21:41

Apple trees don't bear fruit in April, nor do spring peas produce fruit in September. There are different seasons, bearing different fruits. During seasons of growing and stretching, not much fruit is in sight, yet personal growth is so vital to bearing the fruit in season that God has prepared beforehand for us. And it begins with union and communion in the Vine. Only as we draw from Him can we bring Him fruits in their season.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so true...it reminds me of what someone said concerning times that seems dry, fruitless, and barren. She said that some fruit is obvious and open, like apples and spring peas! :-) Others is hidden from even our eyes, far beneath the soil like potatoes and carrots. Only eternity will reveal these hidden fruits.

Recently I also remember reading a caution against looking too much for fruit in our lives. If this becomes our passion rather than a gaze set on Jesus Christ, it becomes detrimental.

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble. That really blessed me, though!

God bless you, Bethany!

Goldfish said...

Keep taking those BEAUTIFUL (and creative) pictures, Bethany! What camera do you have again? I'm sure I'vre asked a zillion times, but that's me and my goldfish brain!! :D

~Bryant said...

Hmmm...nice pictures of the grapes. I tried taking pictures of grapes before, and they didn't turn out too well! :-)

BrittLeigh said...

Aw, Bethany! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I was so blessed to read that. I love you, girl!

(((HUGS)))

Laura said...

Those grapes make me hungry!! They looks so refreshing! Currently here in Canada, everything is still cold and wet with lots of snow. =)

Anonymous said...

Love that picture!

Morgan

Alyssa Faith said...

I really appreciated the quote from Hudson Taylor. How true it is - there's no use trying to have all the benefits of abiding in Jesus and striving to bear the fruit of the Spirit. It comes from staying close to - inside of - Jesus. Thanks for sharing that Bethany! I needed to hear some truth like that today.