Thursday, March 08, 2007

Going Home

Has it really been almost a week since I've blogged?

At least I have a good excuse this time, as our only computer with internet was in constant demand, and the only hours I could have used it were between 1am and 6am! Due to our schedule, those hours just weren't very appealing to me.


This morning as I had my quiet time, Mark 5:19 was the verse that caught my attention:

"Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you..."

God has truly done so much for me, and as I actually have time to blog tonight, I find myself a little overwhelmed with what I should actually share! I've taken enough pictures to last months I think, and the testimonies of the Lord are innumerable! My sister Rachel posted the past week in pictures, which should catch you up a little bit with what all has been going on.

But most exciting -- we did our last service tonight, and as I type the bus is headed homeward! We're heading home!

13 comments:

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

That is a great verse -- especially considering all that has happened to your family while you all were away. Enjoy being home!

Happymama said...

I'm glad you'll be making your way home. I know you all must be exhausted.

I looked at your sister's post and the pictures were great. Thanks for sharing them with us!

~Kristi

Kori said...

Your going home! :) I can only imagine the excitement! Have a safe trip!

I love the picture of you and Alaythia! It's adorable! :) I miss you guys!

BrittLeigh said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you!!! Now Nebraska is even more appealing to me ;) I sure have missed you and yours!

And what a SWEEET picture of you & Alaythia. I love that! Thanks for the smiles ;)

(((HUGS)))... lots of them! ;)

Anonymous said...

Picture of you and Alaythia is so cute!
Hope you have a great day!
Blessings, Kourtney

Anonymous said...

Great picturee Bethany!
Who took it, Hannah?

Goldfish said...

YEAH!!! An update! Glad you are going home, I'm sure it will be nice to sleep in your own beds! :) My mom is on the road too... to Harlan for a funeral for one of my grandpa's brothers. :-(

That is such a cute picture of you and Alaythia!!! I'm going to guess that Hannah took it.

By the way... Only 92 days until camp!!!! :D [big smile]

Bob said...

I am sure that you are all excited about going home for awhile. I know that it has been exciting the things that the Lord has done while you have been away serving him but it is always a nice feeling to be going home. I will pray that the Lord will give you traveling mercies and keep everyone safe. God Bless. Your Friend In Burlington iowa Bob Payne

Bethany said...

Good guesses ya'll -- Hannah did take the picture. I think she is going to be the next family photographer! [smile]

Esther said...

That picture is really cute. :) It looks kind of like my sister Ruth (6) and what my brothers do trying to get her to talk to them when they come home after being gone for several months. :) Is Alaythia really ticklish?
Thank you for sharing the verse with us, too. You have told us what the Lord has done with you guys while you were away, so it'll save a super long post when you arrive home. :)

Laura said...

That picture is so sweet! God Bless ya'll on your way... Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture!!!

Morgan

Anonymous said...

I was going to send an 'I can't wait to see you message' before you got home, but the computer wasn't cooperating.

So...now I get to say, "Welcome home, sis! It is great to have you back!" Your hugs are so much more refreshing 'in person'!!:)

By the way, you chose a darling picture for this post, and I love how you fixed your hair!

Love and hugs!
Anonymous