Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Beauty in simplicity

"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."

Matthew 6:28-29


The people who influence us the most are not those who detain us with their continual talk, but those who live their lives like stars in the sky, and the lilies of the field -- simply and unaffectedly. Those are the lives that mold and shape us.
-Oswald Chambers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Can this be right?? I actually get to be the first comment...this is a treat! :)

Thank you, Bethany for the moving post. I was convicted and challenged. Too often I find myself doing the 'continual talk', and not the 'stars in the sky and lilies of the field'--simply and unaffectedly.

Yet, as I thought about it. That is what you do...live life simply and unaffectedly for others to see. And guess what? It has helped to mold and shape my life.

Thank you for drawing so close to Jesus that He spills out to others!

I love ya sis!

Christina said...

What a beautiful testimony.

hannah michelle said...

Beautiful quote! I am so thankful for the people in my life who live like true "stars"!