Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Your Divine Valentine



A Valentine may play a love song for you,
but God sings you the sweetest love song in the universe.

"The Lord your God…will rejoice over you with gladness, He will keep you quiet with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

A Valentine may give you flowers,
but God sent you the most beautiful rose of all, Jesus.

"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys." Song of Solomon 2:1

A Valentine may take you out to dinner,
but God has invited you to the most amazing feast ever given.

"Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!"
Revelation 19:9

A Valentine may bring you chocolate,
but God provides you with something even sweeter, His Word.

"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
Psalm 119:103

A Valentine may be far away, but God is always with you.

"I am with you always." Matthew 28:20


A Valentine may give you something,
but God has given you everything.

"God gives us richly all things to enjoy."
1 Timothy 6:17

A Valentine may love you for a lifetime,
but God loved you before you were born and will love you for all eternity!

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love…with loving-kindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3


[author unkown]

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the rose picture! What a sweet post today! It's amazing how God can love us more than anyone else on this earth even though we're not always good to Him! He loved us even before we loved and knew him.

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering... Those roses look like they're in a bouquet. Did your father by any chance give them to your mother?!?!

Bethany said...

The boquet of roses is actually a picture from a few weeks ago -- they were given by my Dad to my older sister on the occasion of her birthday. [smile]

Anonymous said...

The wonderful thing about love is that it has no limits. We don't have to choose among our love of God, our Valentine, family or friends. When genuine, love for all of these blend together and reinforce each other.

And I hope you do get your chocolate since you are the "chocolate eater" in your family. You deserve it. (But you have to share nice - so hope it's a big box.)

Richard

BrittLeigh said...

That is so, so good, Bethany! I REALLY like that. Thanks for sharing that. How true.

Happy Valentines Day!!!

(((hugs)))

Goldfish said...

That is so good Bethany. I have to work on finding more good "quote books." Well, everyone else took what I was going to say! :D But I do sincerely hope you get some chocolate!

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Wonderful post, Bethany. As a violinist, I love the photo!

Mandy Grace said...

What great reminders of God's perfect love. Happy Valentine's Day!

Darleen said...

How lovely! God's love-- WOW! There aren't any words to describe it!

God's riches blessings, Bethany!
You're an encouragement to me

Darleen

~Bryant said...

Oh, that's a wonderful valentine! The pictures in this post and the previous one are really pretty, too.
The picture of Rachel (I assume it's Rachel, right :-) holding the violin is very pretty and creative!

Esther said...

Thank you for the wonderful post! It was a great reminder that no matter if we get a valentine card or not, we are still loved very much. Nobody could love us more than our Heavenly Father. God is love.
Happy Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

All of your postings have been great lately,Bethany! You all are sure in our prayers. It is neat to see that God is meeting your needs!
JConner
"Oh, the pure delight of a single hour that before Thy throne I spend,When I kneel in prayer and with Thee, my God, I commune as friend with friend"

abi said...

What a powerful post, Bethany! If we allow God to meet the deepest longings in our heart, all our needs WILL be met. Thank you for the beautiful pictures, and the encouraging post!

You're a precious gift!

SelahV said...

What an absolutely lovely post, sweet Bethany. I've linked you to mine. Your positive, pure goodness and love shines forth in such a Spirit-filled way. SelahV

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet that your dad gave Ruth or Rachel roses! Thanks for the truths and pictures.
Allison Nicole