Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Cheerful surrender

O God whose will conquers all,
There is no comfort in anything apart from enjoying Thee
and being engaged in Thy service...
I am well pleased with Thy will, whatever it is,
or should be in all respects,
And if Thou bidst me decide for myself in any affair
I would choose to refer all to Thee,
for Thou art infinitely wise and cannot do amiss,
as I am in danger of doing.
I rejoice to think that all things are at Thy disposal,
and it delights me to leave them there...
I can of myself do nothing to glorify Thy blessed name,
but I can through grace cheerfully surrender soul and body to Thee.

Front page of Surrender: The Heart God Controls

7 comments:

Goldfish said...

Just remember that God's will conquers all... including colds, flus, etc.!! :) That picture is absolutely gorgeous and that quote is really good too! "There is no comfort in anything apart from enjoying Thee"-- that is so good!

Andrea said...

And if Thou bidst me decide for myself in any affair
I would choose to refer all to Thee...


Amen....what a beautiful place of surrender. Truly the opposite of fighting for our own way - choosing to rather leave it in God's hands! I was really blessed by that! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Blessings to you, Bethany!

chels said...

what a beautiful photo!! where did you take it??
I love the quote, esp. the last line: " but I can through grace cheerfully surrender soul and body to Thee."
how true. just what I'm trying to learn right now!
chels

Happymama said...

Beautiful photograph. Wonderful post.
~Kristi

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice photo! Did you take it when you guys went to the beach??

Kris said...

I agree with everyone and truely they said it all, but, I am going to say it again! It is a wonderful quote, how great is the comfort of knowing that through his grace we can glorify him! That is a lovely picture too! Blessing to you!

Esther said...

The post subject 'surrender' reminds me of the song "I Surrender All". I love the words to that song! I hope your family's sickness finally 'surrenders', by the way. :)