Monday, January 22, 2007

Answering the call

God does not have to come and tell me what I must do for Him, He brings me into a relationship with Himself where I hear His call and understand what He wants me to do,

and I do it out of sheer love for Him.
-Oswald Chambers

Family update: After orientation yesterday, our family is excited and prayerful as we head into prisons this week. We pray that hearts will be opened and that many will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ; He is the reason we sing!

3 comments:

Megan said...

What a great quote! "I do it out of sheer love for him." I love it!

Poor, poor Bethany! No chocolate?! I made some brownies (with twice the frosting that it is upposed to be mind you :) this weekend -- they are SO yummy. I also put a little mint chocolate chips when I was making the frosting -- Yum! My dad didn't like it, so I had to eat some for him. Poor, poor me! :) Come to North Dakota... where the chocolate is!

BrittLeigh said...

Ah, one of my favorite Oswasld Chamber quotes. Thanks for the reminder! What a high calling we have--one overflowing with sweet love for our Savior!

Love and miss you a WHOLE lot!

abi said...

What a powerful quote! Am I so close and intimate with my Savior that it just comes out of love for Him??

Thank you, Bethany, for being such a sweet, humble example of answering God's call for you. Your attitude and willingness are a challenge to me. Keep in the fight for Him!