Monday, January 29, 2007

For the Master's use

"Let Your work appear to Your servants,
and your glory to their children.
And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands."
Psalms 90:16-18


If we don't have a plan, we won't go anywhere.

If we give up when the way gets hard, our strength is small.

If we quit as soon as we hit a roadblock, we definitely are not going to make it very far.

If we turn around when things look hopeless, we've lost sight of our all powerful God.

If we admit defeat when we're tired, we've forgotten that we're in the middle of of a war.

Every day contains small, yet significant, battles for the Lord. Fix your eyes on the finish line, persevere, give your all to the Master, and know that He who has called you will be faithful to do the work. When we stand before the Lord one day, we will not regret any sacrifice we have made for Him.

We will wish we had given Him more.
-Sarah Mally

8 comments:

Esther said...

How true that is! Many times I think over thinks that I wish I'd done differently, and it's a hard lesson to learn to think well in every situation so you don't leave it regretting what you've done. You got that from "Before You Meet Prince Charming", right? I haven't read that book, but I'm guessing because you've been reading that. :)

Anonymous said...

"We will wish we had given Him more!" I believe there is way more TRUTH in that statement than we even realize. What great insights...sounds like a good book! Thank you for sharing 'across the miles'!

I miss you bunches! Here's a HUG to help with that--it won't be enough-- but like I said it will help!:)

PS--Neat photo!!

Andrea said...

Every day contains small, yet significant, battles for the Lord. How very true! Do we realize these small things for what they're worth? Faithfulness in them counts just as much with God as faithfulness in what we see as big! I needed to hear that! Thanks for sharing the blessing and challenge!

BrittLeigh said...

Wow, I really appreciated that, Bethany!!!

(((hugs)))

Megan said...

So, so so true!!!!! I love it!! This is so good, "Fix your eyes on the finish line, persevere, give your all to the Master"!

Rachel Marie said...

So GOOD! I love Sarah Mally's writing... thanks for the great post!

Cheri said...

Just what I needed this morning! Thanks for posting that! =)

Anonymous said...

True words,give all of yourself to the master. Thanks for the post and all the pics are amazing!

Amanda Rothschiller