Tuesday, December 19, 2006

No room

"...there was no room for them in the inn." Luke 2:7

No room for Joseph, Mary, and the baby soon to be born -- the Christ Child.

That sounds terrible! Yet how often do we have no room in our lives? There are some who don't want Jesus anywhere in their lives. Some of us have allowed Him partial residence, while still others have opened up all to the Lord but one tiny area. Then there are a few who have totally surrendered everything to the Lord, and He permeates every area of their life. They hold nothing back, but have truly invited the Savior to be the King of their life.

Where are you? Have you opened up your heart to the Lord Jesus?

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."
Revelations 3:20

If you haven't surrendered to Jesus Christ, I'm praying for you -- that you will realize your need for God, and that He will become real to you in a whole new way this Christmas season. If you have asked Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior, I'd love to hear your testimony if you'd care to share!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

We should always be making more room for Jesus. That is one reason I like Christmas so much. Good post, Bethany!

Megan said...

Great post, Bethany!

BrittLeigh said...

Wow, Bethany!! That is so good! What a message.

abi said...

Powerful post, Bethany! I got saved through an altar call. Well, actually through the blood of Jesus Christ. But you know what I mean!:) Thank you for the thoughts. I was blessed!

hannah michelle said...

"Yet how often do we have no room in our own lives?"

Good post! May I always have room for my Savior!!