Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Another year has come and gone -- can you believe that 2006 is over already? The year went by so fast! As I reflect on a year gone by, (and look forward to the new one!) my heart is filled with gratitude that God is actively involved in every area of my life.

"You are acquainted with all my ways...
and laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high -- I cannot attain it."
Psalms 139:3, 6



All my desires have not been gratified,
but Thy love denied them to me...
All Thy work is perfect, and I praise Thee.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I know! 2006 went by WAY too fast!

I simply love that quote at the bottom. How very true and comforting to know that God loves us enough to withold things we desperately want. His faithfulness always amazes me!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Bethany, I'd have to agree that the year went by way too fast! Where did it all go so quickly??

What a precious promise to be reassured yet again of our Almighty Master's perfect ways. That is something to be PRAISED! Thank you for your blog, and the encouragement it has been this past year. I look forward to seeing how God uses it in the year ahead!

With lots of love to you dear sister--and hugs 'across the miles'!:)

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Happy New Year! In some ways 2006 seemed long, but it really sped past. Thank you for your encouragement!

BrittLeigh said...

wow, it's over??!! That's what I thought when 12 AM rolled around the other night :). One really sweet and precious thing that I'll always love about 2006 was that time our paths crossed... and then intertwined ;). What a blessing you've been to me. Thanks for your friendship! God bless you in this year, my dearest Bethany!! :)

~Bryant~ said...

Beautiful post, Bethany! I, too, cannot believe that it is 2007! When I opened up my journal this morning and began my entry, I caught myself writing "1/2/06"! It will take me a while to get used to writing 2007!
It was great seeing you in Hiawatha!

Morgan said...

Oh, I did that too, Bryant! :)

Wonderful post, Bethany! Thanks so much for your encouragement you give to all of us!