Friday, December 15, 2006

A face lift

Blogging Beth has a new look!

And no -- I didn't do it. (I wish I knew how, though!) For a while I've been hoping to do something more original with my template, but due to lack of time, I was getting no where fast. When I saw my friend Brittney's beautiful blog -- Aletheia Liberty, and read that she had done her own original template, I asked if she'd do mine -- and she agreed! I gave her a general idea, and this is what she came up with; isn't it beautiful?

To give a little history -- Brittney and I met through blog-o-sphere, and after reading her blog for a few months I realized that her sister had married a Nebraska boy (who we slightly knew) and they lived in the same town that we did! Isn't it a small world? When Brittney came down to spend some time with her sister, I was thrilled to finally meet them, which led to bike rides and picnics as the summer progressed. I'm so glad God created friendships!

Thank you Brittney!
There is no way I could have done this beautiful layout, and I know you spent a lot of time and effort on it. Your so sweet! God bless you!

15 comments:

Kaylene said...

Wow Bethany! It looks wonderful!!! I am still working on my template as well, but I think the only changes will be a new header and different colors.

Good job Brittney! You're talented! I think the silver background is wonderful for all the neat pics Bethany posts!

BrittLeigh said...

Awww, you're so sweet! It was my pleasure!! It was really fun to do this, and I'm so glad it turned out!

And it sure has been a joy knowing you! I miss those days on the bike trail :).

Many ((((hugs)))) to you, my dear sweet friend!!!!

Megan said...

Bethany, I like the 'face lift.' Brittney did a good job.

Megan said...

Oh, by the way, I like the picture on the side and at the top.

Rachel Marie said...

Love the new look!!!

Isn't Britt one AWESOME girl?! ;-)

~Bryant~ said...

Your blog looks just lovely, Bethany!!

I love the daisy picture!

(Great job, Brittney)

Anonymous said...

Yay for both of you! ;) It looks great!!! I enjoyed reading how you two met too--what fun!

Morgan

Jacob said...

Whoah! Nice template. A little too flowery for my taste, :-D but the artistry is fanstastic!

Peace. --Jacob

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

I love the new look! Shades of gray are among my favorites when it comes to colors!

abi said...

I love the face lift, Bethany! It keeps your eye moving, and flows so well. Definitely looks like you! Thanks Brittney for your assistance to it all--what a great idea. Keep up the good work, both of you!

Elizabeth said...

Oh!! It looks great, Bethany!!! Such a pretty, unique look for your special blog!!! :)
Great job, Brittney!!!! You are so amazing when it comes to computers!!! :)

Anonymous said...

The format looks great. Your pictures look wonderful against the background - both the color and black and white. And your quotes and comments would be special against any background.

It's nice you have someone who can help you set up your site. And it's also nice you have someone else who takes pictures so you get in them once in awhile.

Richard, Your Old Threshers Friend

AliisaJoy said...

I love your blog, Bethany!! It's beautiful!

Hannah Beth said...

Wow! That's amazing that you two met under such serendipitous circumstances! Amazing! It really is a small world!

hannah michelle said...

I just had to comment and say I LOVE that picture of the two of you!! Friends are one of God's most wonderful inventions! :-)