Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A living sacrifice

The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully consecrated to Him. Not a great man, or a learned man, or a rich man, simply a man. Well, I am a man. It lies with the man himself whether he will or will not make that full and entire consecration. I will try my utmost to be that man.

Dwight L. Moody


"Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God..."

which is above your call of duty?
which is an amazing sacrifice?

NO! But --
"which is your reasonable service."

Romans 12:1

7 comments:

abi said...

Hey, Bethany!

I loved your example given at the end of the Bible verse--very stirring! Thank you too, for the fabulous quote. You're a blessing!

Missing you bunches!

Love you,
Abi

BTW, here's a BIG HUG!:)

abi said...

P.S.Beautiful picture, and what a pretty way to crop it!

Melanie said...

Thank you Bethany--that is so good and challenging.

~Bryant~ said...

Beautiful insight and gorgeous picture, Bethany!

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Inspiring. Thank you, Bethany!

Rachel Marie said...

Wow, Bethany, you really 'hit the nail on the head' concerning Romans 12:1!!! Thank you!

And I've always so loved that quote! I linked to it in my recent post! ;-)

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Well put!!!

~a sister in Christ