Friday, September 08, 2006

Please pray

This weekend I will be photographing my first wedding. Truth to be told, I'm a little nervous! But God has already answered so-o-o-o many prayers.

To share a quick testimony of the Lord's goodness just yesterday --
Last month I noticed in a couple of my pictures a little 'fuzz' line. I thought it was a piece of dust, and didn't think much of it. This week it appeared again, only much more noticeable, especially when taking pictures with white somewhere in them (not a good thing when photographing a wedding!) I cleaned the lens, and tried to carefully air blow the inside of my camera.

All to no avail.

Panic started setting in. Ahhh -- was something scratched?! I've heard horror stories of how hard and expensive that kind of damage is to repair. I tried cleaning everything again, took some more pictures...and it always showed up, the same place in every picture. By now I was almost frantic! Not only do I have a wedding coming up, but this is my good (and only) camera! Questions like "what now?" and "I have 24 hours to figure something out?!" started surfacing.

I prayed and cried out to the Lord, then mentioned to Mom that something was wrong. She called a photography store in Lincoln, (the only photography store in Lincoln) and we headed in. We weren't sure exactly where it was, so when we were in the general vicinity, we stopped at a gas station to ask where it was.

"The Photo store?! You can walk there from here!" the man at the desk told us. (Should I be surprised?! He is faithful -- all the time!)

We walked into the camera store, mentioning that we had called in earlier. The man looked at my camera, messed with some settings, blew the inside out, took a picture to check it, and -- it was fixed! Totally completely clear! No little black smudge appeared on the pictures anymore!

Hallelujah!

Panic turned into praises.

Isn't my God good?!


And now the wedding is tomorrow. If you think of me, I'd appreciate prayer:
-for clarity and peace of mind
-wisdom with lighting and technical details
-catch the moment, the emotions, the details
-Ragnar and Angela blessed
-above all, that God is glorified

My sister, Rachel, is also doing all the piano music, and would appreciate prayers as well.


Thank you all so much, and may God bless you richly!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for everything to go well, judging from your past photos, I don't think you should have much trouble......:)
I'm so glad you were able to get your camera fixed......we serve a mighty God!!!!!
Do we get to see some of the photos when it is all over?!?!?! :)

Happymama said...

Yes, God is good in all things. He is faithful to those who are faithful to Him.

I'll be praying for you as you take the pictures and for your sister as she plays the piano and especially for the bride and groom as they make this Holy covenant to each other. I'm sure everything will go beautifully. Just take a deep breath, stay focussed, and let God do the rest. :)

~Kristi

JoelWNelson said...

I'm video-recording my first wedding tomorrow. It shouldn't be THAT much harder than recording a Christmas program... I hope. Since I am here in Gretna I am going to go to the rehearsal tonight so I can get an idea of what to expect.

Hope it goes well for you tomorrow with the photos! Do you think we could get a few of the photos into the video for use on the DVD menu and title?

Anonymous said...

bethany...
your friends in iowa will be praying for you from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. sat. morning!
remember to:
cast all your care upon him; for he careth for you!
love ya!
tiffany chmelar

Rachel Marie said...

I'm sure you'll do just perfectly SUPER, Bethany!

You're a great photographer!

What an exciting opportunity you and Rachel have in ministering in a wedding... I'm so happy for you both! Rachel is such a beautiful pianist, too!:-)

I'm so glad you were able to fix your camera... what a terrific answer to prayer.

I would love to see some of the pictures when you're thru!;-)

Andrea said...

I'll be praying for you, Bethany! Your pictures so far are evidence that you will do will do wonderfully! I know the apprehension though! I just played piano for a wedding this last weekend and it is quite a load off the mind once it's over! Be sure to post pics when you're done!

((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
We just wanted to let you know that we have been praying for you and we will continue to through out the day tommorow. It is thrilling to see how God has already been helping!
J Conner
Isaiah 41:10

Kori said...

I'll be praying for you Bethany!!! I know you'll do great! You are such a great photographer!!! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

No wonder I keep feeling lead to pray for an extra measure of peace for you yesterday...God's faithfulness truly does abound! May you know His peace today, and may your HOPE be in the Lord!

I'm praying for you both!

Love ya sis's!

PS--Rachel, I'm sitting with you, and so is our dear Savior!:)

BrittLeigh said...

Bethany, I'm praying for you today! I know you're going to do wonderful, but I also know how annoying it can be to be nervous when such a responsibility is on your shoulders. You're very special... And so is your God! How wonderful it is that we can bring out burdens to Him, whether big or small! I love you and miss you!!

HUGS

chelsy bontrager said...

Hey Bethany-
Our fam. had a prayer "huddle" for you and Rachel this morning!!I am sure you will do an awesome job!I am praying that you would ENJOY it and that God would take that annoying "nervousness" away.
I CAN"T wait to see photos!!Be sure to post lots!!:)
God is soo faithful...even when it comes to camara trouble!!:)
love ya,
chels

Jacob said...

Wow! I guess I'm not the first to comment on this post. :) I am praying for you, and hope all goes well. I wish I could send Angela my congratulations. Anyway, I know the Lord hears my prayer for them.

Hope everything goes well for you!

In Christ, Jacob.