Friday, September 29, 2006

John 12:26

"If any man serve Me, let him follow Me;
and where I am, there shall also My servant be:
if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor."


I tend to think of serving God in terms of grand, heroic acts -- but serving Him daily, in all the everday and trivial events of my life, actually requires far more discipline and commitment. Something as ordinary as doing the laundry or cleaning a bathroom can lead my heart to God, so long as I offer everything I do up to Him.
-Elizabeth Prentiss

4 comments:

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Oh, Elizabeth Prentiss is another of my favorites! There is no such thing as a demeaning task. It is all about our attitude and willingness to serve. Good reminder!

Chelsy said...

thanks so much for sharing that quote, Bethany.I really needed to hear that.I love her quotes!

The Editors said...

I just love fall, don't you?

Sarah

Alyssa said...

Wonderful quote! It reminds me of the verse in Colossians 3 (one of your favorite verses :o)

I wish that those moments of offering the slicing of an onion or the scrubbing of a pot up to God - "this is for you Lord Jesus, because only through you I live" were more frequent in my life.

Thanks for sharing!