Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It came!


I am now the happy owner of a Nikon flash.

With my Dad's help, I've been searching the internet for the best price on an attachable flash unit for my camera. And guess what?! E-bay came through again. There was one going much cheaper than any other place I'd checked, so Daddy and I decided on a maximum price and placed our bid.

The auction ended on Sunday night. After the evening service, my sister Ruth took over the CD table for me (thank you Ruth!) and encouraged me to go find out if I'd gotten it or if I'd been out bid. I headed to the bus and it had only 3 more minutes yet before the auction ended. I was still high bidder...by 8 dollars.

So I began praying. "Lord, if this is the flash for me, then don't let any one else bid. If this is something that would enable me to glorify you more, guard it for me..."

I hit the refresh button on the computer, and -- it's mine!

Praise the LORD! My prayer is that He will guide and enable me to take pictures to glorify HIS name, and that He would receive abundant praise.

The flash came in the mail today...now I just need to go buy some batteries so I can start figuring out how it all works! (grin)

5 comments:

Happymama said...

So happy you got your flash. YAY! Does this mean we'll be seeing more pictures of the fam??

~Kristi

Rachel Marie said...

Good for you!:-)
I know the exciting feeling you're experiencing now...!;-D

Andrea said...

How neat! Things like that are such an awesome reminder of how much God cares for us - even in those little details in life!

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Isn't God good?!

As too the figuring it out, I am sure you will accomplish that with flying colors!:)

Can't wait to see what God has in store with the use of that flash.
Rejoicing with you at God's goodness!

Love,
Your sis

chels said...

I'm so happy for you Bethany!! You'll do great w/ figuring it out, even though I know from experience that all those things can be frusterating!:)
can't wait to see you(and your new camara toy:))soon!!
~chels