Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day

We had an action packed day, and as the sun began to set it was so relaxing to gather in Seward's city park for the evening. The band was playing, families were all gathered together busy catching up with each other, then...what we'd all been waiting for -- the fireworks! I'm posting a few of the many pictures I took, as well as some quotes from the past. What a Godly heritage we have been given!

Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise; and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian.
United States Supreme Court 1892

I sought for the key to the greatness and genius of America in her harbors...; in her fertile fields and boundless forests; in her rich mines and vast world commerce; in her public school system and institutions of learning. I sought for it in her democratic Congress and in her matchless Constitution.
Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.
Alexis de Tocqueville

"He hath shown thee, O man, what is good;
and what doth the Lord require of thee,
but to do justly and love mercy
and walk humbly with thy God."
Micah 6:8

5 comments:

The Ulmer Family said...

Wow Bethany!! Your firework pictures are great!!! I didn't attempt taking any pictures of the ones we went to see. Great job, and I love the quotes!

BrittLeigh said...

You sure got some awesome pictures! Wow! Those were great!!!

Anonymous said...

Super job, Bethany!! We saw a great display of fireworks too. Never thought to take my camera.
Love you BIGGER!!

Kourtney Pyle said...

Hey Bethany,
Those pictures are breathtaking! But the second is my favorite! Thank you for sharing! I hope you had a happy Independence Day! God bless you!
Kourtney

Jacob said...

On Tuesday evening, I watched North Omaha's (somewhat illegal, but very spectacular) fireworks from the street and the yard.

BTW, you should know better that trying to photograph fireworks. :-D It's just not the same as being there!