Saturday, May 13, 2006

Be Ye Thankful!

"O that men would give thanks to the Lord
for His wonderful works to the children of men."
-mentioned multiple times in Psalms 107
Daddy has told us children at various times that God only has to stay something once and it's true, but when God says something several times, we'd better pay attention! This morning I read Psalms 107, and this verse about thanking the Lord was repeated over and over again.

When was the last time you thanked the Lord for something? This morning I am thankful for lots of things! Things I rarely stop to think about, but at the same time I can't imagine life without them.
God's Word :: sunshine :: my family :: second chances :: a smile :: new life :: the cross :: music :: time :: flowers :: love :: the smell of a new baby :: colors :: friendships :: the joy in serving :: the smell of fresh bread :: the feel of my toes in freshly hoed dirt :: chocolate :: wind :: answered prayers :: tangy rhubarb on my tongue :: seasons :: Jesus Christ ::

What are some things that you are thankful for today?

4 comments:

BrittLeigh said...

I'm thankful for MOTHERS!

Rachel Marie said...

Amen, I agree, Britt!=)

Beautiful, thought-provoking post, Bethany! I loved the picture, too!

Ryebread said...

Today, I am thankful for the incredible love of Jesus toward me, the beautiful Word that He left for us, the creation that points toward Him, my family, the Lord's blessings that He daily loads upon us, and for brothers and sisters in Christ!

-Ryan
--
“Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.” Jeremiah 15:16

abi said...

Bethany,

What a great reminder! How often I choose complaining, over
thanking!:(

I am thankful for...God's love, God's protection, God's provision, God's faithfulness, God promptings, God's word, Music, Piano's, Parents, Siblings, Grandparents, Uncles and Aunts, Cousins, Friends, A home, A bed, Water, Sunshine, Rain, Flowers, Gardens, Fruit, Desserts, Blogs!

Love you,
~Abi

I will extol You, my God, O King; And I will bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, And I will praise Your name forever and ever. Ps.145:1-2