Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Today I finally discovered why my brothers constantly rave about four-wheeling -- because it is so fun! While I have ridden on a four wheeler many times, I have never really driven one (which with four brothers that love to give their sisters rides, can you guess why?)

But today that changed, and the guys let all us girls head out....and I drove a four wheeler over 27 miles of Wyoming's rolling hills! It was fantastic! Though we came home thouroughly dusted, it was a wonderful adventure.

Posed in front of the mountains
Speedin' on!

Though I thouroughly enjoyed the adventure part of it, my favorite would still have to be seeing and enjoying God's creation. It is so amazing!

"By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth...
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand,
measured heaven with a span
and calculated the dust of the earth in a measure?
Weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance?...
The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth."
(Psalms 33:6, Isaiah 40:12, 28)

This is my Father's world, created out of nothing by His word.

God creates out of nothing.
Therefore until a man is nothing,
God can make nothing out of him.

7 comments:

BrittLeigh said...

Wow! That looks like fun!! What a spectacular place to go 4-wheeling in too! Those pictures were incredible.

Rachel Marie said...

My first thoughts were "Wow!", too!=)
What an awesome sight! Sounds like a great adventure!=)

Wholesome Works said...

Bethany,

I found you while just surfing.

Great pictures! I will never cease to marvel at God's creation, or the Creator.

Zachary

chelsy bontrager said...

great pictures!! I loved the verses too~how true!!
4-wheeler thrills are so much fun....especialy when you're driving!!
~chelsy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! Mountains are such a wonderful picture of Yahweh's power and majesty! What an awesome God we serve!
Sure looks like a lot of fun!!!
( : Kate : )

Anonymous said...

"Praise my soul the King of heaven, To His feet thy tribute bring..."

We serve such an awesome GOD!!!
What magnificiant pictures! They potray His majestic power, love, and creativity!

What fun the 4-wheeling looks like it was!! Wish I could have been right along side you! Know though that I was there in spirit!:)

Thank you for keeping in touch 'Across the Miles'!

Love ya sister's,
Anonymous

The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament showes His handiwork. Ps.19:1

Nathan L. said...

Beautiful. Awesom pictures, awesome post.