Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Today's reflections...

God's Word is so rich. The Bible is one book that no matter how much I study and learn from it, there will always be more to learn! I just finished Jeremiah in my devotional time this morning. It is discouraging to read about Israel's pride and hard-heartedness for 52 chapters, and yet it was very good for looking at my own heart, evaluating my attitudes and emotions.

"I will give them a heart to know Me..." That is my desire -- to KNOW HIM. God cursed the Israelites because of their pride - they didn't need God, nor His word; they could live as they saw best. But look at my life - is it any better than theirs? Do I live in total dependance on Him? Surrendered? Recognizing that all I am or ever will be is because of Him? Is my day ordered as He would please, or do I take it all in my own hands, to do as I deem fit? Do I delight to do His will?

Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.
All His wonderful passon and purity;

O, thou Spirit divine, all my nature refine-

'Till the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.


No comments: