Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ponderings from Mark 1


Thoughts and application from family devotions this morning:

-Jesus says "Come follow Me." It is only after we obey and take that step to follow Him that He can make us fishers of men, use us for His purpose, equip us for His work, and shape us into what He wills.

-You can look at any person's life and see what Christ means to them. Do they really believe that Jesus is the Son of God? What fruit does their life display? Every person is only on fire for God as much they want to be -- it is a personal choice. Am I willing to count the cost and pay the price?

-Whew! Jesus had a BIG day! With preaching in the synagogue, casting out demons, healing Peter's mother-in-law -- and if that wasn't enough, the whole city gathered at His door for healing and ministering at the end of the day. How did Jesus do it? "In the morning, rising up a great while before day, He went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed." (Mark 1:35) Fellowship with the Father.


O Lord, help me to meditate on You today. Help me to obey and continue taking steps that lead me to You. Work in me as You wilt. I want to be used of You. I want to know You. Make my heart burn for You. Let me see people and respond to situations as You would. I love You, Lord.

1 comment:

JoelWNelson said...

That is very true. Good thoughts -- thanks for posting that.
Joel N. from Millard Alliance