Friday, March 17, 2006

Devotion or Devotions?

With Daddy and my brothers down in New Orleans helping with clean up this week, our house seems so quiet! In the evenings we girls have watched a Nancy Leigh DeMoss teaching video. It was such a good reminder and refresher to why I start each day with time in prayer and in God's Word. To hear her speak on personal devotional time was such a blessing -- to have that deep abiding fellowship with my heavenly Father, not just "doing devotions" because that is what Christians are supposed to do.

8 reasons why I have devotions: (and why you should, too!)
~Communion with God
~Purification of my heart and life
~Restoration of my soul
~Instruction in the ways of God
~Submission to God and His will
~Direction for my life, my relationships, and my responsibilities
~Intercession on behalf of the needs of myself and others
~Transformation into the likeness of Christ


There is a place of quiet rest, dear to the heart of God.

"One thing I have desire of the Lord, that will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple."

Psalms 27:4

2 comments:

Jeremy Naylor said...

Those are some awesome pics Bethany. Isn't our God an incredible artist?

Anonymous said...

Where in the world did you take this picture Bethany?What a dream spot.I could sit there for hours and never get bored.If our scenery here on earth is so beautiful doesn't it make you wonder what heaven is going to be like??We serve such and awsome God,who wants to give us the very best at all times.Praise the Lord.
Amanda