Friday, January 13, 2006

What a beautiful day! I was able to enjoy the weather and head out on a walk down a small gravel road near town -- and of course took my camera! I have really enjoyed seeing the beauty in the simple, everyday things in life, and try in small way to capture them.

Please feel free to add any additional thoughts, comments, or critiques - they will always be welcome. I once heard the saying "Every picture is a self portrait." Well, there are obviously defects in my life to work on yet, and also in my photos, so please feel free to put your two cents worth in! To God be the glory, for He continues to do great things!


Everything I am or ever will be
Is either from God's intention,
or my mistake.
God is more concerned with who I am becoming
than with what I am doing.
-Chuck Holton

Happiness depends on happenings -- joy depends on Christ.


Peace does not dwell in outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has all things safely in His hands.
-Elisabeth Elliot

"Lord, that [my] eyes might be opened." (Matthew 20:33)
Opened to the truths in Your word,
Opened to see my faults and failures.
Opened to see how I can serve my family and others,
Opened that I might see You.

Only one life - will soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Bethany, I have to say your railroad picture is my favorite of this collection. The motion of the tracks and the bright colors you captured really draw a person into the picture. You did a good job of discovering 'photo-worthy' shots in Nebraska's most boring season. Can't wait until spring arrives to see what your photographer's eye will find! God bless your diligent study of this subject.

Anonymous said...

Bethany, What can I say? God has definately talented you in this area, and you are truly using it for His glory! All the pictures are so lovely, and the quotes, or Bible verses fit each one so well! I was encouraged, convicted, and challenged. Thank you for allowing your gifts to bless others! ~Abi~

Abi said...

Bethany,
Thank you so much for posting the quote under one of your pictures which said, "Happiness depends on happenings--joy depends on Christ. As I was struggling with some dicouragement today it came to mind, and caused me to remember that my joy depends on Christ and not on my happenings. It so blessed and refreshed me. Thank you for being sensitive to the Lord, for our joy truly depends on Him!

TheSauveFamily said...

Bethany,
I found your blog off of Fringe in Focus, which is done by two of my dear friends as I also greatly love to take pictures for the glory of God! I just had to comment though, your tain track photo is amazing and so inviting and what an inspiring story you told about your moms diamond! What a great God we serve, who take care of even the little things in life!
As a fellow photographer it is always so encouraging to see what others have done and how they capture the beauty of our LORD!

What kind of camera do you use?

All the earth is filled with His Majesty and Glory!!

Grace

Bethany said...

Grace -- my camera is a Nikon D70. I have had it a year now, and have really enjoyed all the oppurtunities that the Lord has provided for me to use it.
God bless!

Anonymous said...

Bethany, Very nice! Love your pictures. That is a beautiful bright flower. We enjoy looking at pictures people send in to the weather bug web but now we'll have our own personal favorite photographer. Also enjoy the verses you put with them. Keep up the good work
Love You!
G&G

Anonymous said...

Bethany,I have to say my favorite picture was definatly the last one,of the grass.You did a realy nice job with the focusing.You're rule of thirds really shows in this picture.Most of the time God uses the simple pictures to speak to me.I love to just sit and look at one simple,but beatiful picture for extended lengths of time to see how many diferent things God will bring to mind.It always gives me a sorta peaceful feeling. Amanda